Compact body Built-in Mist Collector “zeroFOG” Creating a Clean Work Environment
DMG MORI CO., LTD. (hereinafter called DMG MORI) has developed and is now offering its mist collector “zeroFOG”, an efficient product to collect mist generated during metal machining and ensure a clean factory environment.
In recent years, a growing number of manufacturers have been introducing automation systems to their factories, in pursuit of efficient production, sustained product quality and a better work environment. One of the common issues among customers with automation systems is the mist generated from scattered coolant during metal machining.
“Mist” here indicates fine particulate coolant floating in the air. It is generated when coolant is sprayed and scattered during machining or when coolant is evaporated by machining heat. Oil contained in mist can cause machining accuracy and factory environments to deteriorate, while also being dangerous to operators’ health. Consequently, a mist collector for mist removal and exhaustion of clean air can be an important asset inside factories. Apart from decreasing the risk of equipment failure, a mist collector also maintains an eco-friendly and green environment. For those reasons, the needs for high-performance mist collectors are increasing along with the rising needs for automation systems.
“zeroFOG” is equipped with a sophisticated final filter that meets the HEPA filter standards of collecting over 99.97% of 0.30μm fine particles. It reliably catches the fine mist generated during machining, thus creating a clean factory environment. Its compact body and excellent shape was realized by a hydrodynamically optimal design. No installation space is needed as the filter can be built into a machine tool. “zeroFOG” comes with an automatic cleaning function for the primary filter, thereby exceling in maintainability. More efficient saving of maintenance time and cost compared to conventional mist collectors makes “zeroFOG” a truly energy-saving and eco-friendly product, therefore a contributor to the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).
- High-performance mist collection
- Uses the HEPA filter capable of collecting over 99.97% of 0.3μm fine particles
- Generates a large volume of air flow with the impeller turbo fan for high-performance ventilation
- Automatically cleans the primary filter for drastic reduction of maintenance time
- Automatically controls the fan motor to prevent lowered air volume due to clogged filters - Shortens work time by using the final filter capable of tool-free replacement
- Reduction in running cost
- Running cost saving of more than 1 million yen in 10 years*1 due to less filter cleaning & replacement alongside energy saving
- One fifth the size of existing mist collectors *2 , possible to be built into a machine tool *3
- No installation work or space necessary thanks to the integrated built-in design
- Energy saving
- Contributes to SDGs by reducing power consumption and CO2 emissions DMG MORI will continue to launch highly functional, reliable and investment-worthy products to the market. We are committed to meeting the needs of customers across the world.
DMG MORI will continue to launch highly functional, reliable and investment-worthy products to the market. We are committed to meeting the needs of customers across the world.
200 unit per year
*1： Calculated based on the following condition. Annual operating hours: 16 hrs. x 240 days; electricity charge: 15 yen/kWh; primary filter replacement of every 3 months; secondary filter replacement of every 6 months
*2： Survey by DMG MORI (Comparison with a product of other manufacturer)
*3： Depending on models and specifications, the built-in installation may not be possible.
*4： As of July 2021 ※DMG MORI CO., LTD., DMG MORI, zeroFOG are registered trademarks or trademarks of DMG MORI CO., LTD.
※DMG MORI CO., LTD., DMG MORI, zeroFOG are registered trademarks or trademarks of DMG MORI CO., LTD.
Contact us for all issues related to the DMG MORI technical press.